The Hobby Pledge 2013

The hobby pledge 2013: Bought: 0 Painted: 6 Total: 6

12/04/2011

Armies on Parade - The project begins

As I mentioned in my previous post I'm entering GW's "Armies on Parade" competition at my local hobby centre (GW Glasgow for those interested). I'm also using this as an excuse to start a Black Templars (BT) army. To check out the details of the competition see the link here.

Initial board sketch

My initial idea, subject to much change of course, is to display the BT doing what they do best; charging through a heavy artillery barrage heedless of their losses to close with the enemy! First off is the board itself. This is 2' square (approx 609x609mm). To add a bit more visually than just a simple flat plain I'm going to have a destroyed Imperial Guard (IG) bunker and trench system in place. This is to give the impression that the BT have appeared at a break in the line and are countering an enemy charge. There will be IG casualties everywhere, and possibly fleeing troops also.

I have previously built a full bunker, modelled on the Dawn of War IG troop centre, which I'll be replicating for the destroyed bunker.

Complete IG Bunker

I think that's enough to process for now. Next time I'll get on with some space marines! Till then.


No comments:

Post a Comment